Del Monte Pineapple Plantation
The first pineapple plantation of the Far East was in Manolo Fortich when Del Monte [then Philippine Packing Corporation] in Bukidnon began in 1926 (p. 73 BUKIDNON: The Philippine Frontier) The 5,000 hectares plantation is located in Camp Phillips, Barangay Agusan Canyon where scenic view of Mt. Kitanglad can be seen far beyond the vast and lush landscape of pineapple plantation which fruits are exported to different countries like the United States, Japan and European and Middle Eastern Countries.
The focal point of the Del Monte Pineapple Plantation is Camp Phillips, the place where administration and control of plantation activities are conducted. Upon entering the camp a huge replica of pineapple greet visitors and tourists to a neighborhood of uniformly built and colorful houses of the plantation officials and employees. The camp has a wide expanse of sports ground where the nationally-recognized soccer teams honed their skills.
To date, DMPI is the largest employer and taxpayer in the municipality.