Term of the Contest:
Deadline of submission of entries: March 30, 2016, Tuesday at 5:00 PM.
(Click here for the form)
Who may join the Contest:
The photography contest is open to all amateur or professional photographers, regardless of place of origin.
What to capture in your Photograph:
Photos should capture the landscape, way of life, and people of Manolo Fortich. The same should be able to interpret the theme: Moments and Memories in Manolo Fortich.
What Photo should be submitted:
• Photographs may be old or recently shot.
For a photo in which a person is recognizable, the photographer is responsible for securing permission from that person or, in the case of a minor, from the subject’s parent or guardian.
The following photographs are disqualified:
• Photographs that are digitally or otherwise enhanced or altered for creative purposes. Photos that have been digitally altered beyond standard optimization (removal of dust, cropping, reasonable adjustments to exposure, color and contrast, etc.), manipulated and applied with special effects (colorizing, toning, collage, photo composites, HDR, etc
• Photographs that have been submitted to or won in any other contests or have been published in print or online.
• Photos that violate or infringe upon another person’s rights, including but not limited to copyright.
• Photos which are highly immoral, relatively obscene and/or in violation of public moral and/or public policy.
How to join the Contest:
• Complete the attached entry form. Submit your entry/photograph together with the accomplished entry form in a brown envelop in person or by authorized representative to the Mayor’s Office, Municipal Hall, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon not later than March 30, 2016.
• Submit your entry/photograph (maximum of 5entries/photograph per entrant) with the following requirements:
1. 8R size, color print or black & white, unmounted
2. JPEG Format File with a minimum size of 1MB in a Compact Disk (CD).
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit, however, you grant the Municipality of Manolo Fortich a royalty-free, nonexclusive right to:
• Display the photograph at the Local Government website @www.manolofortich.com
• Display the photograph on the Photo Contest Facebook app
• Allow third-parties to share the photograph on the following social media platforms: Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest.
• Use photograph for printing in its annual calendars and other printed materials in support to its mission in government service.
• Retain a digital copy of your photograph for archive, gallery or display in its library.
1. Relevance to the Theme : 30%
2. Originality & Mastery of Craft : 30%
3. Technical Excellence : 25%
4. Overall impact : 15%
Screening of Entries/Photographs
• Screening shall be done at the Manolo Fortich Municipal Hall. Hired professional photographers and artists shall compose the panel who screens the entries.
• The panel of judges will initially determine the top ten (10) entries/photographs from each of the following four categories:
Black and White a. People
Colored a. People
• The First Prize, Second Prize and Third Prize winners will be chosen from the top ten of each of the four categories
• In case a photographer wins a major prize/s and still qualifies for a consolation prize, the latter shall automatically be forfeited in favor of the next ranking entry.
• Decision of the judges is considered final and unappealable.
Prizes and Incentives:
• First Prize: Cash Prize of Five Thousand Pesos (P5,000.00) and a framed Certificate
• Second Prize: Cash Prize of Three Thousand Pesos (P3,000.00) and a framed Certificate.
• Third Prize: Cash Prize of Two Thousand Pesos (P2,000.00) and a framed Certificate.
• 5 Consolation prizes: P500.00 and a framed Certificate each for every category.
• Winning photos will be used for various publications of the municipality as well as exhibited in selected government galleries.
• As incentive to participants, all entries will have the chance to be featured, along with the names of the photographers, in the various materials of the municipal government, such calendars, leaflets etc.
Awarding of Prizes:
• Awarding of winners will be on April 4, 2016 during the Culmination Program of the 99th Charter Celebration of Manolo Fortich.
For more information about the Photo Contest, please call the Information Office at 0915-365-4649 or visit the Mayor’s Office or visit the website, http://www.manolofortich.com, or email: email@example.com